Air Pump Pressure Pipe Plunger Drain Cleaner Sewer Sinks Basin Pipeline Clogged Remover Bathroom Kitchen Toilet Cleaning Tools
- Ex Tax: $32.91
- Product Code: R1L0AJ3649720
- Availability: In Stock
How to use 1. When using the DRAIN CLEANER any EXPOSED drain traps must be supported from underneath. Any UNEXPOSED drain traps such as shower and tub drains do not need support. The DRAIN CLEANER uses air pressure to work and failure to support any exposed drain traps may result in the compression fittings on the pipes to loosen. Support the trap with a strong, nonflexible object (i.e., sturdy pot, book, etc. – See Illustration #..
How to use
1. When using the DRAIN CLEANER any EXPOSED drain traps must be supported from underneath. Any UNEXPOSED drain traps such as shower and tub drains do not need support. The DRAIN CLEANER uses air pressure to work and failure to support any exposed drain traps may result in the compression fittings on the pipes to loosen. Support the trap with a strong, nonflexible object (i.e., sturdy pot, book, etc. – See Illustration #2.) The manufacturer is not liable for damage due to unsupported traps or faulty pipes.
2. Plug or cover all over-flow or air outlet openings on the same drain line on sinks, bathtubs, etc. with a wet cloth to prevent dirt or other material from spraying out while the DRAIN CLEANER is in use. When using the PROFI DRAIN CLEANER for a toilet blockage, fully cover the bowl opening with a towel to prevent debris and water from splashing up.
3. Select the correct rubber adaptor from the DRAIN CLEANER kit’s contents. The adaptor will cover the drain opening completely. Firmly push the adaptor onto the end of the Pressure Reservoir (see Illustration #5). On bathroom sinks, when possible, remove drain stopper (pop-up assembly) to fully insert the 1.5” or 2” rubber adaptor (see Illustration #3). As illustrated, unscrew nut, remove bar and drain stopper. Before using the DRAIN CLEANER, replace bar and retighten nut to keep the water from leaking out.
4. Prime the PROFI DRAIN CLEANER by pumping the body the appropriate number of times. If you find this too difficult to do by hand, secure the back knob at the end of the pump plunger and secure between your feet. Pump the DRAIN CLEANER body using an up and down motion (see Illustration #4).
*When using the DRAIN CLEANER on a sink, bathtub or small diameter pipe, it will take approximately 10 pumps to prime the DRAIN CLEANER.
*When using the DRAIN CLEANER on toilets, floor drains, or large diameter pipes, it will take approximately 20-25 pumps to prime the DRAIN CLEANER.
5. Run water in the obstructed drain until the water reaches up to the drain opening. (The air pressure from the DRAIN CLEANER will push this water through to clear the obstruction). The DRAIN CLEANER is only effective if the level of water is above the top of the rubber adaptor or rubber disc when it is placed over the blocked outlet (see Illustration #2). If the water level is lower than this, run more water until the correct level is reached.
6. Holding the DRAIN CLEANER by the pump housing, push the DRAIN CLEANER with the adaptor firmly into the drain opening (see Illustration #2).
7. Press the red trigger while pressing down firmly on the DRAIN CLEANER. This will release the air pressure into the drain opening.
8. If obstruction is not sufficiently cleared, repeat the procedure.
*HELPFUL HINT: When grease and debris collect on the inside of pipes, the restricted pipe diameter causes slow water drainage. Pour a mixture of hot water and grease cutting dish detergent (approx. 1 gallon). This will help loosen debris. Apply DRAIN CLEANER and repeat procedure if necessary.
9. After use, any remaining air pressure in the DRAIN CLEANER must be released. Turn the red pressure release valve (see Illustration #1) counter-clockwise to release any remaining compressed air. When finished using the DRAIN CLEANER, remember to replace the drain stopper back onto sinks (pop-up assembly).